Nakagawa Chemical Inc. respects your right to privacy. This policy summarizes what personal information we may collect, how we may use this information, and other important topics relating to your privacy and data protection.
It is our policy to comply with all applicable privacy and data protection laws. This commitment reflects the value we place on earning and keeping the trust of our customers, business partners and others who share their personal information with us.
This Policy applies to all Websites and mobile applications operated by or on behalf of Nakagawa Chemical Inc. It also applies to personal information we may otherwise collect: (i) through our products and services; (ii) when you interact with us by means other than our Website or App, for example, in person, by telephone, or at a trade show or training; and (iii) from our customers, distributors, suppliers, vendors, and other business partners.
However, we may have different Websites, Apps, products, and services have different purposes and features. If additional or different disclosures are required for a specific Website, App, product, or service, then we provide those disclosures separately on, or with, the relevant Website, App, product, or service. Each such specific privacy disclosure, policy, or statement (“Specific Privacy Statement”) supplements and amends this Policy.
General Principles of our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
To the extent required by applicable law, whenever Nakagawa Chemical Inc. collects personal information, we will:
- provide timely and appropriate notice to you about our data practices;
- collect your personal information only for specified and legitimate purposes. The information we collect will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected;
- process your personal information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected or to which you have subsequently consented;
- take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and, where necessary, kept up-to-date;
- not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes without giving you an opportunity to opt-out; and
- take appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country.
Personal Information We Collects
Nakagawa Chemical Inc. collects the following types of personal information:
We collects personal information you provide us, which may include: (i) contact information, such as your name, company name, job title, address, e-mail address, and phone number; (ii) additional information about you to help us get to know you better, such as your gender, age, date of birth, nationality, professional associations and registration numbers, information about how you use our products, and demographic information; (iii) comments, questions, requests and orders you may make; (iv) financial information needed to process payments if you make purchases, such as credit card or account information or tax identification number; (v) log-in information, including, if applicable, social media account information for login purposes; and (vi) information about your preferences, such as your preferred methods of communication and product types in which you are interested.
- Information Automatically Gathered from Your Device
- Device and browser information. We may collect technical information about your device, such as device type, browser type, IP address, operating system, and device identifier. We collect this information automatically from your device and web browser through cookies and similar technologies.
- Information about how you interact with us. We may collect technical data about your usage of our Websites and Apps and how you interact with our digital advertisements and promotions, such as content viewed or downloaded, features used, links clicked, our promotional emails opened, and dates and times of interactions. We collect this information using cookies and similar technologies.
- Location information. We may collect location information, including precise real-time location information from your device and imprecise location information derived from, for example, your IP address or postal code. Our Apps will not access precise-real time location information from your device unless you grant permission to do so.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies:
A “cookie” is a file of information placed on your device when you visit a website.
Cookies and similar technologies can enhance your user experience by saving your preferences, personalizing your online experience, and sometimes providing you with advertising which is tailored to your interests.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can set the browser to disable cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, it is possible that some functions and services of both Nakagawa Chemical Inc. and other websites do not function properly if cookies are disabled.
We use different types of cookies for different purposes.
- Functional cookies. Cookies that are necessary for the Website to function properly, including cookies that are necessary to create an account.
- Analytical cookies. Cookies that ensure that insight can be gained into how you use (parts of) the website, so that we can improve the website and that it fits as well as possible with what you find interesting and important. We only use the data obtained with these cookies to study how the website is being used.
We use third-party analytics services to better understand how users engage with our Websites, including services provided by Google. Please use the following links for more information about how Google collect and use data when you visit their partners’ websites or apps:
- Information from Business Partners and other Third Parties:
We collect personal information through our business partners. This information may include contact information, such as name, company name, job title, address, e-mail address, and phone number.
We may also obtain personal information from other third-party sources, including publicly and commercially available sources. We may combine the information we receive from our business partners and other third-party sources with information that we collect from you or your device, as described above.
You have choices about the personal information you provide us. You may choose not to provide information that we request, but if you do so, we may not be able to provide you a relevant service or a particular feature for our Website, or product.
How We Uses Your Personal Information
Nakagawa Chemical Inc. may use your personal information to:
- Develop and manage our relationships with you and our business partners. This may include: (i) delivering services or carrying out transactions that you or our business partners have requested; (ii) providing information about our products, services, and transactions, and advertisements, that may be of interest to you; (iii) providing you and our business partners a more consistent experience in interacting with us, including by learning more about you and how you use and interact with our Websites, products, and services; and (iv) planning, managing, and performing under our contractual relationships with our business partners.
- Communicate with you or your company. This may include: (i) informing you of our products, services, and promotional activities that may be of interest to you or your company; (ii) providing information about relevant products, services, and transactions, including, for example, pricing information, technical data, invoice, shipping, or production information, warranty or recall information, or information about product or service improvements; (iii) responding to questions or inquiries that you make, including customer service requests; and (iv) inviting you to participate in, or informing you of the results of, customer satisfaction or market research surveys.
- Provide and improve our Websites, products, and services. This may include: (i) customizing them to your preferences or interests, making them more compatible with your technology, or otherwise making them easier to use; (ii) maintaining the security of and otherwise protecting them; and (iii) and developing new Websites, products and services.
- Address legal issues. This may include: (i) complying with our obligations to retain certain business records for minimum retention periods; (ii) establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims; (iii) complying with laws, regulations, court orders, or other legal process; (iv) detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violation of our contracts or agreements, violations of law, or other misuse of our Websites, products or services; and (v) protecting our rights or property, or yours or others’ health, safety, welfare, rights, or property.
We may also use your personal information for other uses consistent with the context in which the information was collected or with your consent.
We may anonymize or aggregate any of the information we collect and use it for any purpose, including for research and product-development purposes. Such information will not identify you individually.
When We May Share Your Personal Information
Nakagawa Chemical Inc. will not disclose your personal information except as described here:
- We may share your personal information within our group company. When we do so, these group companies will use your information in a manner consistent with this Policy, any applicable Specific Privacy Statements, and all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- We may also share your personal information with third parties we hire to perform support services for us. These third parties are required to use the personal information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and to treat your personal information in compliance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- In some cases, we may share your personal information with third parties who partner with us to provide products and services to our customers, such as distributors. If so, we will require our business partners to use that information in a manner consistent with this Policy, any applicable Specific Privacy Statements, and all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- We may share your personal information with third parties when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary: (i) to comply with a law, regulation, court order, or other legal process; (ii) to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violation of our contracts or agreements, violation of law, or other misuse of our Websites, products or services; (iii) to protect our rights or property or yours or others’ health, safety, welfare, rights, or property; or (iv) under similar circumstances. If such an event occurs, we will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
- We may share your personal information with third parties in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of us or our business unit, or under similar circumstances. If such an event occurs, we will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
- We may share your information with your permission or at your request.
We may share anonymized or aggregated information internally and with third parties for any purpose. Such information will not identify you individually.
Security of Your Personal Information
Your personal information will generally be stored in our databases or databases maintained by our service providers. Many of these databases are stored on servers located in Japan. We take appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within our group companies.
We maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your personal information. Although we use security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, misuse, or alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet and will not be responsible for breaches of security beyond our reasonable control.
Links to Third Party Websites and Plugins
Our Websites may contain links to websites or mobile apps that are not operated by us and plugins from social media platforms and other third parties. An example of a social media plugin is the Facebook “Like” button. We provide these links and plugins as a service and do not imply any endorsement of the activities or content of the related websites, apps, or social media platforms, nor any association with their operators. To learn about the information collected by these third-party websites, apps, and plugins, please visit their privacy policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies for the websites, apps, and social media platforms you visit before using them or providing personal information.
Retention of Your Personal Information
How long we keep your personal information will vary and will depend on the purpose and use of information collected. There are legal requirements that we keep some types of data for specific periods. Otherwise, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected.
Most of our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We will not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children under 13, or the relevant minimum age under applicable local legal requirements, except as permitted under applicable law.
Your Individual Rights
In accordance with the applicable laws in the European Union, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data, which apply differently in different circumstances.
- In so far as the personal information processing is based on consent (see above), you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- You have the right to request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- You have the right to request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- You have the right to request deletion of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- You have the right to object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest. Insofar as the processing of your personal information takes place for direct marketing purposes, we will always honor your request. For processing for other purposes, we will also cease and desist processing, unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or that are related to the institution, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim.
- You have the right to request restriction of processing of your personal information.
- You have the right to request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- The exercise of the abovementioned rights is free of charge. We will provide you with information about the follow-up to the request immediately and in any case within one month of receipt of the request. Depending on the complexity of the request and on the number of requests, this period can be extended by another two months. We will notify you of such an extension within one month of receipt of the request.
- If your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of the repetitive character, we will either charge you a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with the request.
- In addition to the above-mentioned rights you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the GDPR at all times. However, we would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority so please contact us beforehand.
Nakagawa Chemical Inc. Corporate Planning Section
Iwataya Bldg. 2-1-6 Higahi-Nihonbashi Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-0004, Japan
Changes to this Policy and our Privacy Statements
This Policy was last revised in December 2018.